It's that time of year again: the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and hordes of people are hitting the open road for vacation. But before you can join them, you need to make sure your car is ready for the journey. One important but often-overlooked preparation step is getting your car's wheel alignment checked.
If your car's wheels are out of alignment, it can cause a number of problems. The most obvious is uneven tire wear; if your wheels are misaligned, your tires will wear down more quickly on one side than the other. This not only means you'll have to replace your tires more often, but it can also lead to dangerous blowouts while you're driving.
Let's find out the reasons for wheel misalignment and why you need to fix it now.
What Causes Wheel Misalignment?
There are a few different things that can cause your car's wheels to become misaligned:
• Hitting a pothole or curb: This is probably the most common cause of wheel misalignment. Even a small bump can knock your wheels out of alignment, so it's important to be careful when driving over potholes or other obstacles.
• Day-to-day driving: Over time, the constant stress of everyday driving can slowly wear down your car's suspension, resulting in misaligned wheels.
• Incorrect installation: If your car's wheels were not properly installed in the first place, they may become misaligned over time.
• Accidents: Obviously, any kind of accident can cause your car's wheels to become misaligned.
Why You Need to Fix Wheel Misalignment
One of the most obvious effects of wheel misalignment is uneven tire wear. But that's not the only reason you need to fix it. Wheel misalignment can also lead to:
• Reduced fuel efficiency: If your car's wheels are out of alignment, it has to work harder to move forward, which means you'll use more gas.
• Poor handling: Misaligned wheels can make your car difficult to control, especially at high speeds. This can be extremely dangerous, both for you and for other drivers on the road.
• Premature tire wear: In addition to causing uneven tire wear, misaligned wheels can also cause your tires to wear down more quickly overall. This means you'll have to replace them more often, which can be expensive.
• Accidents: As we mentioned before, misaligned wheels can make your car difficult to control. This can increase your chances of getting into an accident, which can be costly (not to mention dangerous).
So, now that you know the importance of wheel alignment, let's talk about how to get it done.
The Bottom Line
If you're planning a road trip this summer, or even just a weekend getaway, it's important to make sure your car is in good condition before you hit the open road.
One often-overlooked but essential part of preparation is getting your car's wheel alignment checked. Wheel misalignment can cause a number of problems, including uneven tire wear, reduced fuel efficiency, poor handling, and premature tire wear. It can also increase your chances of getting into an accident.
Need Help with Car Wheel Alignment?
If you're looking for car wheel alignment near me in Johnstown, OH, Thorpe Garage is here to help. We offer wheel alignment services for all makes and models of cars, trucks, and SUVs. Our team of certified technicians will make sure your car's wheels are properly aligned, so you can hit the road with confidence. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.